Pelvic Dysfunction aka Pelvic Pain can be caused by:
1. Pathology (e.g. degenerative changes such as arthritis)
2. Trauma (e.g. car accident, fall, sports injury)
3. Abnormal Posture (such as slouching)
4. Occupational Activities (e.g. prolong sitting)
5. Overweight or Obese
8. Bladder infections or UTI (urinary tract infection)
11. Weak pelvic floor muscles
Chiropractic care is a form of health that helps to restore and/or maintain your health through spinal adjustments.
• The goals of chiropractic care are:
• To place your body in the best position so that it can heal naturally.
• To remove interference to the nervous system by removing irritating inflammation.
• To break-up adhesive scar tissue.
• To restore normal biomechanics to the spinal joints.
Doctors of Chiropractic can:
• Perform spinal adjustments
• Demonstrate rehab exercises and stretches
• Educate you on injury prevention, posture, sleep positions, etc.
Self-Care for Pelvic Dysfunction aka Pelvic Pain:
1. Rest and Ice – for first 72 hours post-injury to control inflammation and swelling; and to prevent worsening of symptoms; and further damage of injured structures.
2. At day 4, introduce movement to the area by moving your pelvic – such as performing a pelvic tilt/tuck exercises.
3. Use heat after day 3 and/or only after the inflammation and swelling has gone down. You can alternate between using ice and heat for 15 minutes, intermittently, as often as you need it.
4. If you are not better within 5 days, GET HELP!!! Call your local chiropractor.
****If your pelvic pain is not muscle or joint related– go see your medical doctor, it could be an infection, etc.****
1. Be a smart patient.
2. Educate yourself.
3. Do you research.
4. Ask questions.
5. Be open to doing things differently, especially if you are not getting the results you want.
6. Seek care sooner rather than later.
Let’s talk about health in a fun way! I am Dr. Tiffany T. Butler. I am a licensed chiropractor, business owner, published author, and health educator. Learning about health doesn’t have to boring, dry, or over-the-top. It can be fun! Through the inspirational words of my patients, I was inspired to extend my service beyond my practice and my community. So, here I am…on YouTube. In my videos, I will discuss all things health through storytelling and dry humor – while sharing my personal experiences. I aim to post new videos every Tuesday. I invite you to subscribe to my channel. “A healthy mind and a healthy body creates a healthy life.” (Dr. Tiffany T. Butler) -Dr. Butler #drtiffanybutler #harmoniouslivingchiropractic
Turn on notifications.
Hit me up, let me know what topics you are interested in hearing, learning more about, etc.
Don’t be shy….suggestions are welcome.
FOR MORE INFORMATION about Dr. Butler visit:
BOOKS BY DR. BUTLER
The Adventures of Joshua: Spencer Spine and the Back Attack. ——-It’s a children’s book for young readers ages 2 through 12,teaching them about spinal health through storytelling! Get your copy today! It’s available in hardcover and e-version.
Say Goodbye to Back Pain: Exercise, Nutrition, and More! —— It’s your self-help guide to help maximize healing and recovery after a back injury.
Books by Dr. Tiffany T. Butler are available on Amazon for purchase:
DR. BUTLER’S PRACTICE:
Harmonious Living Chiropractic: Fitness & Wellness Center, LLC
603 7th Street, Unit 301
Laurel, Maryland 20707
Phone: (240) 264 – 6372
Fax: (240) 264 – 6431